The Met Office has issued a second yellow weather warning in the space of two days for Ceredigion.
The UK forecasters have said that there is another chance of flooding across most parts of Wales today as heavy showers are set to batter the country.
A statement on their site says “Although some places will remain dry, slow moving heavy showers and thunderstorms may lead to disruption due to flooding.”
The weather warning lasts from midday today (June 17) through to midnight.
What to expect:
The Met Office offer the following warning on what could happen:
- Flooding of homes and businesses could happen quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Some communities might become cut off if roads flood
- Power cuts might occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost.
Tomorrow’s weather for Ceredigion
Although the weather warning is currently only for today, Ceredigion is set for a miserable day tomorrow too, with heavy rain expected between 11:00am and 5:00pm tomorrow.
According to the Met Office the county has an 80% chance of rain during this period.
And this rain will hit the whole county, at a roughly similar time.
The forecasters had previously said that thunder and lightning was likely tomorrow, but updated predictions suggest this will no longer be the case.